Saturday 13 August 2011

Summer Sundae 2011

Today (Saturday, August 13) was my first festival experience - Summer Sundae @ De Montfort Hall. Some say it's quite odd that I'm 25 and only just having my first taste of festivals and others have said it's the perfect chilled festival for an introduction to a world of music, fast food, flip flops and hats. My highlights of the day include riding a rickshaw, having my palm read and soaking up the sounds of acts like Beth Jeans Houghton, Kissmet, Reef, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, The Jim Jones Revue and The Paradimes.


With dozens of acts across five stages (main stage, indoor stage, Last FM rising stage, The Musician stage and eFestivals Comedy Tent) I was certainly spoilt for choice. My day started off with a ride on the rickshaw to assess the lay of the land and then I went off for a browse through the marquee stores including a thorough hunt for gems in the vintage tents. This is where I discovered Geoff & Mildred Crank (finger puppets). This old knitted duo soon became the mascots for the days adventures (photos below).





Mildred & Geoff Crank


My full review will be uploaded to The Public Reviews website tomorrow but for now here's some opinions from other people at Summer Sundae.

First, I caught up with parents of a member of I am In Love. The couple from Milton Keynes had never been to a festival before.


I spoke to father, daughter, Cliff and Fiona about their highlights of the festival so far.

23-year-old Adam tells me his highlights so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment